Transcend believes everyone should be in control of their personal information. We’re pioneering Data Privacy Infrastructure—a powerful technology that lets individuals reclaim control of their data and ensures companies can easily comply with global data privacy laws.
Our platform enables companies like Robinhood, Patreon, and Indiegogo to provide customers with control over their information. We allow these customers to request, identify, and delete their personal information from a growing suite of integrated companies: from Salesforce to Slack, Facebook, Zendesk, Intercom, and beyond.
Right now, we do not support Visas, and will only be able to support folks in the U.S.
Transcend is a powerful data privacy tool designed to provide maximum consumer protection by a team that cares deeply about data privacy and code quality. Our platform enables companies like Robinhood, Patreon, and Indiegogo to provide customers with control over their information. We allow these customers to request, identify, and delete their personal information from a growing suite of integrated companies: from Salesforce to Slack, Facebook, Zendesk, Intercom, and beyond.
We are looking for a senior engineer to join us in building the future of data privacy. In this role you would be working as part of our core engineering team. As a member of the Transcend team, you will hone your skills in an inclusive culture of autonomy, mastery, and close collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate on new products, especially guiding our Consent Management tool
- Implement new features in existing products
- Perpetuate a culture of collaborative transparency and knowledge-sharing by:
- Asking questions early and often
- Teaching what you know through clear documentation, traceable GitHub Issues, presentations (optional), and by providing input during design and code review
- Maintain a privacy-focused security mindset
- Inform the short- and long-term architectural decisions that will allow us to continue meeting customer needs while keeping our codebase performant and maintainable
Who you are:
- You love informing and creating a good customer experience
- You have strong JS/frontend experience
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge
- You care deeply about software quality and testing
- You value clear, open communication
- You like being a generalist (we're still a small team!)
- You have 5+ years experience as a software engineer with a recent front-end focus
- You’ve worked with more than one front-end state management solution and can explain tradeoffs
- You have experience balancing the desire to use the most cutting-edge solutions available with the need to avoid endless churn
- You are comfortable with a development and deployment pipeline that includes Docker, Terraform, Postgres, CircleCI, etc. (we do not expect you to be an expert)
- You haven’t been banned from the Reactiflux Discord
We believe that turning the principles of data privacy into exercisable human rights is one of the most high-impact ways we can spend our time, and so we're building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving important problems and having fun while doing it.
As the best-in-class solution in a new market, Transcend is a fast-paced and exciting workplace. The product evolves quickly to meet new client needs and adapts to the rapidly advancing world of privacy law. As one of Transcend’s earliest hires, you’ll get to work on a wide array of exciting projects.
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law.