ABOUT EVERY MOTHER:
Hi, we’re Every Mother. We’re a research backed wellness partner for mothers with the goal of helping women everywhere name and address the natural changes that come along with motherhood. Currently, we offer a subscription exercise product that is safe and effective for mothers of all ages and stages.
Our product has been clinically proven to resolve a common health issue, diastasis recti, and has been studied by leading health institutions such as the Hospital for Special Surgery and Weill Cornell Medicine. We’ve been featured on NPR, Good Morning America and Women’s Health, and we’re backed by leading investors in NYC including Courtside Ventures, Techstars, and Serena Ventures.
We are committed to creating a health and wellness resource and community for mothers everywhere, and we need your help to make it happen!
The Front-End Developer will be the second in-house developer on the team, working directly with our lead engineer to maintain and evolve the front-end of our streaming product, primarily on mobile but also on web.
We are looking for someone ambitious and motivated, eager to learn, and excited to craft a world-class product for our members. We work primarily in React
and React Native, but prior knowledge is not a requirement, and you should have an understanding of programming that goes beyond the ability to use a particular tool. You’ll collaborate regularly with customer success, contractors, and marketing, and you’ll report directly to our lead engineer.
- Write clean and functional code, supporting a highly maintainable codebase
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match product designs consistent with our brand guidelines and exceptional user experience
- Support the overall design and architecture of the product, on both mobile and web
- Be creative in improving the UI/UX of our mobile app
- Maintain the product and platform to high standards of performance, security, and technical best practices
- Adhere to and contribute to the product roadmap in conjunction with the team and support the lead engineer in managing the development pipeline
- Coordinate with other team members to define technical specifications for new product features, consistent with user requirements and company strategic priorities
- Collaborate with outside design and development contractors
- 1-3 years of experience as a developer
- Experience in front end development across one or more of the following: React, Vue, or Angular (React-Native a major plus)
- Portfolio of projects where you have been the sole developer or part of a small team
- Experience working with APIs
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in web and mobile app development
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical problems
- Able to explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders, ability to coordinate clearly with a team
- Ability to update tech documentation and QA work (through tools or other resources)
- Knowledge of agile methodologies or experience working on a scrum team
- Tons of startup energy and scrappy nature to get things done
- A drive to see your work positively impact the lives of our members
- Generous PTO with team-wide holidays, vacation time, health and wellness days
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including access to a One Medical membership through our partners at Justworks
- Equity, so you can share in the ownership of our collective work and growth
- Regular (online, for now!) get-togethers to connect and celebrate our co-workers
- Access to Every Mother (it’s a fantastic workout, whether you’re a mother or not)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
Every Mother is committed to realizing a world where every mother has the information and resources they need to thrive. To do this requires a team that reflects the diversity and strength of the community we serve. We know that we're strongest when we're all committed and working together to build a diverse team where everyone feels belonging and connection.
We are driven forward by a love of our mission and a love of the work that gets us closer each day. We are a community that supports each other to grow, learn and take risks. If you want to change the world and be around people who think you can do it, consider a career with Every Mother.