As a Senior React Native Engineer on our world-class team, you’ll be exposed to the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and ultimately shipping the final product to market. We’re building a team that’s passionate about innovation, apprenticeship (learning by pairing), and building the best-connected experiences. We’re looking for a smart, kind, and reliable React Native Engineer who is eager to make a big impact and build amazing products that millions of users use every day. If you’re ready to grab this amazing opportunity and help us build the future, we want to work with you!
Connected is a rapidly growing product development firm on a mission to build better products. We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto and partner with the world’s leading organizations to build software-powered products that are enjoyed by millions of users globally. Connected is one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers and one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups.
- Familiar with one or more state management frameworks for React Native (e.g. redux-thunk, redux-saga)
- Experience developing mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Outstanding object-oriented design, development, and coding skills are essential
- 5+ years experience building consumer-facing applications
- Solid understanding of programming and computer science fundamentals
- Experience in multithreading, memory management, and network and cache optimization specific to mobile devices
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across the team and work closely with clients
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile practices
- Strong communication skills and an interest in a pair-programming environment where you will accelerate your knowledge and skills quickly
- Experience working in a continuous integration and delivery model
- Experience working directly with clients, leading project teams, and mentoring engineers
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems, including API design techniques, to improve the overall design and keep them clean and maintainable
- Building impactful products for Fortune 500 clients
- Creating simple, clean code to power new user-facing product features
- Maintaining a high level of performance quality and having a reputation for shipping quality product
- Collaborating, teaching and learning with fellow Connected Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, and our clients
- Being reliable, taking ownership and making a big impact
- Producing repeatable and predictable delivery of features
- Refactoring and improving existing code when it gets brittle
- Ensuring code is written to standards, has sufficient test coverage, and adheres to design requirements
- Defining product and technical solution architecture
- Helping us achieve our mission of building better products
- Ability to travel as required by client and engagement needs
- We're proudly employee-owned, with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous extended health benefits
- Generous Parental Leave and Maternity Leave
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Our quarterly “Disconnect” events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hang out
- Company-sponsored recreational sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks, and coffee
To learn more, visit connected.io/careers
Contract and Full-time Positions available - Apply today!
At Connected we know that the best teams are diverse ones! To build better products it’s essential to build a diverse and inclusive team. For us, that’s a given. As such, we encourage and welcome candidates to apply who are Women, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, People of Colour, in caregiving roles, immigrants and persons with disabilities.
We also know that for some, they aren’t comfortable applying to a job unless they feel totally qualified and, for others, they prefer modesty over proudly sharing their past accomplishments. We get it. Some of us at Connected are like that too!
If you’re on the fence or unsure if your experience perfectly matches our job posting or if your education or experience is internationally-based, we’d really like you to apply. We’re looking for passionate product builders with diverse backgrounds - which go beyond the standard education and work experience. Take a chance and apply - we are happy to chat and get to know you better so you can get to know us better too.
We are also committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process for individuals with disabilities, in line with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you need an accommodation, reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to understand what is needed.