Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 180 employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
Supply team is responsible for the tutor’s side of Preply. We try to improve their experience in scheduling lessons, conducting ones, managing their vacations and requests from students. Tutor’s flow from the signup to teaching on a daily basis is supported by us. Aiming to improve the product for tutors we don’t only expect higher satisfaction from our clients but to grow the business as well.
As front-end developer, you will:
What we're after:
- Exceptional communication skills. Min. B2 English level. At least 3 years of experience as frontend developer.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from when the code is written to how it’s deliveredTypescript, Next.js, GraphQL, Python, Django experience is a plus
- A customer-centric, empathetic mindset with excellent listening skills
- An ability to focus on what counts, creating simple solutions to deliver fast results
- A passion for learning and desire for self-improvement
What we offer:
- A data-driven company. We love data and make our decisions not solely based on opinions but on data. We constantly launch ab-test to understand our customers better and to deliver more value to them.
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international cultureA monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance
Diversity is important for us
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.