Allocations is reinventing fund administration. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
About the role
Join the engineering team and be part of an elite team building high-performance systems for the next-generation of fund administration. As the first frontend engineering hire you will OWN the frontend stack and focus on the user experience and journey as it relates to the creation of investment vehicles.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that can scale.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from engineering, operations, finance and legals. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Build UI/UX design and strategy for the whole product
- Building UI/UX components in React.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods.
- Overseeing the development of frontend documentation.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- 3+ years of software experience, preferably with a startup company and related field.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages - React, Node, GraphQL, Express.
- Experience using relevant tool suites (Github, Asana, GSuite, Zapier, ).
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Strong team building skills.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Stock options.
Allocations provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.