At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a frontend Software Engineer, you’ll join our growing R&D team, applying knowledge and expertise in front-end software development, UI design, and data visualization to build web-based tools to support internal research and development efforts. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment, enabling other members of the WHOOP team to interact with, view, and evaluate data collected using experimental sensors and devices to assess promising future technologies. You’ll work on a nimble team and interact closely with mobile and backend systems to allow data to be efficiently uploaded, processed, displayed, and retrieved for analysis. Ultimately, your efforts will accelerate the deployment of new technology in the market.
- Own and maintain our internal React web applications for R&D data analysis
- Quickly design and implement new features to support ongoing R&D efforts
- Enhance and enable visualization of and interaction between other members of the engineering team and datasets collected with experimental hardware
- Enable transformation and portability of data via our internal React web applications and various internal consumers
- Increase application stability and maintainability to enable efficient updates to support future features and needs
- Apply React design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Experience with React, Babel, Webpack and build tooling
- Experience communicating with backend APIs (Axios, REST, GQL) and infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience with data processing and manipulation for visualization (D3)
- Experience with unit testing (Jest)
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly to meet fast evolving needs of the R&D department