FineTune is seeking a React engineer to develop on the frontend of our educational platform. In close partnership with CollegeBoard, we serve millions of high school students and their teachers every day. Our 100% remote team is highly diverse, talented and experienced, with a shared passion for the quality of the product we create and a commitment to being the kind of good-natured team everyone loves to be on.
Our platform is a Python/Flask backend with a React frontend on AWS. As this is a senior position you’ll need to know React and have 5 years of relevant experience that will allow you to contribute at a senior level soon after on-boarding. We value excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both for the benefit of our own interactions within the team and because of every engineer has a direct relationship with our partners at CollegeBoard.
Here are some qualities we value
- An appreciation of and ability to work cross-culturally as we are a fully distributed, diverse, and inclusive community.
- Responsibility and self-motivation so that we can trust you to work hard without a lot of oversight, but also to reach out for help when needed.
- Highly collaborative and eager to help out other developers, QA and anyone else who needs help. We’re nice to each other and want to keep it that way. Bonus points for a good sense of humor.
- Having sound engineering fundamentals. Writing performant, understandable and maintainable code with robust tests and results in few bugs.
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and grow.