Goodfood Market (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment eco-system. Goodfood currently has more than 270,000 active subscribers and over 2,800 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
Reporting to the Front-End Technical Lead, the Senior Front-End Developer will be responsible for building features in a cross-collaborative team for the best e-commerce shopping platform allowing customers to shop for groceries in more ways (web, apps, voice) and receive them when and how they want it.
- Build quality code using modern tooling, testing frameworks and programming patterns.
- Transform business requirements and research into a world-class solution that meets performance goals and brand guidelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Assess and measure performance of systems and come up with suggestions for improvements.
- Work closely with Product, UX, Analytics and other developers to build the best product and solution possible.
- Participate in regularly scheduled status and Agile meetings with the project team to understand requirements, suggest product improvements, explain code design, provide estimates, describe work progress and identify risks.
- Work with the team to implement process improvements.
- Conduct design, code reviews and provide mentorship to others.
- Stay up-to-date with front-end technology and web standards.
- 7+ years of working experience in software development
- Recent experience with either React/VueJs and frontend tooling such as webpack/babel
- Familiar with front-end performance techniques, recent experience preferred
- Full stack experience is an asset: API design, scalability, database design
- Ability to create testable code and maintain a testing suite
- Strong verbal skills and ability to explain and present ideas clearly to different business groups
- Good understanding of engineering for the web, http, server api and caching
- CSS tooling experience using LESS, SASS and/or a framework similar to TailwindCSS
- Ecommerce experience is an asset
- Backend experience with PHP, GraphQL, mySQL is preferred
- Passion for food
Our team strives to give our members a world class customer experience. We believe in being ambassadors of the brand to make the impossible come true from the farm to table!
What we have to offer our employees:
- E-commerce/ Start-up and fun work environment
- Ability to directly impact company results
- Competitive Group Insurance
- Personal days
- Bonus program
- Annual fitness credit
- Goodfood credits
- Employee stock purchase plan