Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close on any mortgage from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible - Kayak, but for mortgages.
Founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers, Morty is a Techstars Barclays NYC ‘16 company backed by an amazing group of investors and advisors who share our vision to empower consumers and democratize mortgages.
We’re rebuilding the mortgage stack from the inside out. Engineering is our core competency and competitive advantage. As an early member of our small engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to build out core functionality, make important design and architecture decisions, rapidly build new features to support customers, and shape the future of the product. We're excited by the challenges of building a robust, scalable mortgage platform that can serve thousands of consumers and millions in loan transaction volume each day.
Who We’re Looking For
- At least 2 years of real-word frontend development experience.
- Willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be cool, new technology we’re building ourselves, or arcane, ill-conceived data source we’re forced to integrate with.
- Strong product mindset and willingness to collaborate with marketing and operations teams to shape the product and user experience. Good eye for design.
- You enjoy creating elegant solutions, but you’re agile and pragmatic enough to know when and how to make compromises in order to ship faster and continuously iterate.
- Strong quantitative skills, knowledge or experience in finance a plus.
Technologies We Use
- Typescript, React, GraphQL, SCSS
- Python, Django, Celery, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Amazon Web Services, Docker
- Great and accessible location in West SoHo / Hudson Square near many great restaurants and train stations (the 1, A/C/E, and F/M).
- Public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- We love our pets. And we love your pets, too! We’re a dog-friendly office.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you!
We're revolutionizing the $10.4 trillion mortgage industry with the best tech and the best people!