This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on September 2, 2020.
We’re looking for a driven and organized Front-end Engineer to help deliver digital services for the American people. As an Ad Hoc Front-end Engineer.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- Must pass background check and provide references.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You'll Do
- Leverage modern front-end frameworks like React to deliver performant and maintainable front-end applications
- Contribute to existing design standards, pattern libraries and brand guidelines
- Integrate with various back-end APIs, and collaborate with team members to ensure back-end services meet the needs of our front-end systems
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- 4 + years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications
- Building applications using a client-side framework such as AngularJS, Ember.js, or React.
- Experience testing / QA with Web accessibility tools
- Deep understanding of Section 508 guidelines and industry best practices
- Experience with 508 compliance in design system and writing accessibility guidance.
- Deep understanding of the ARIA specification
- Working understanding of (WCAG) 2.0.
- Experience testing with screen readers, including JAWS.
- Experience with accessibility audit tools.
- Experience with accessibility audit tools Including VoiceOver, ChromeVOX, WebAIM, Deque WorldSpace or axe.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.