Who We Are:
ServiceMax’s mission is to help customers keep the world running with asset-centric field service management software. As the recognized leader in this space, ServiceMax’s mobile apps and cloud-based software provide a complete view of assets to field service teams. By optimizing field service operations, customers across all industries can better manage the complexities of service, support faster growth and run more profitable, outcome-centric businesses.
A career at ServiceMax means unleashing your potential to build, sell, implement and market award-winning products with a #wintogether and #customerobsessed approach. From MRI machines to gym equipment, customers around the globe rely on ServiceMax’s cloud-based software platform to keep these machines – and the world – running, every single day. We pride ourselves in creating a culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be in an inclusive and judgement-free environment.
The systemic racism and inequality that has plagued the Black Community cannot continue. ServiceMax is committed to providing a place of opportunity and growth for Black people, as we strive to build a team that better reflects the communities we live and work in. Join a team that is committed to equal representation in the workplace and fostering a community of education and action against racial and social injustice.
ServiceMax is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to work on a cloud-based, mobile and social field service management application. At ServiceMax you will have the unique opportunity to join a collaborative team where you will work with product designers to create a cross platform mobile applications. You are a self-starter, always striving towards pixel-perfection, yet your solutions are intuitive. You appreciate the value of rigorous consistency coupled with the ability to remain flexible enough to accommodate critique and change the ServiceMax brand attribute we call humbleness.
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and work with direction from the Senior Team Members or management and will work independently.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a member of the Software Engineering team, representing the face of high-quality design and development practices
- Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end mobile applications
- Collaborate with product managers, product architects and software engineers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Work with Product Managers and tech lead to understand and develop user stories planned for each sprint/release
- Work with Product Architects to understand and contribute to the technical design of user stories
- Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure that full scope of user stories is tested
- Mentor other engineers in the team, ensure adherence to software development and testing standards
- Provide effort and risk estimates to support planning
- Research new technologies, tools and develop proof of concepts as it applies to the product
- Communicate effectively and consistently with other engineers, customers and management
- Share technical knowledge and expertise with colleagues
- Understand performance parameters and mobile application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms as it applies to product and implement them using language of choice
What You Bring to ServiceMax:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in quality software development
- Experience with React Native, Android, and iOS platforms is a must
- Have good grasp of core concepts of computer science. Must be good with algorithms and data structures.
- Emphasis on creating secure mobile applications that perform at scale.
- Have practical knowledge and proficiency with React Native, and integration with RESTful services.
- Good understanding of Git and version control.
- Knowledge of relational databases and be able to write complex queries.
- Good grasp on unit testing and automation testing. We take product quality very seriously.
- Experience with continuous software integration and deployment.
- Experience with agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of software architecture and design patterns.
- Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process with distributed teams.
What ServiceMax Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities
For more information, visit www.servicemax.com or visit us on LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter.
Our Hiring Process In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ServiceMax.
ServiceMax is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.