Senior Software Engineer
hims & hers
Hims and hers offers a modern approach to health and wellness. Our mission is to eliminate stigmas and make it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. That starts with creating an open and honest culture of care that is accessible for everyone, no matter who you are or where you live. Since launching in November2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history.
Hims and Hers is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine end-user experience.
- Identify and implement development patterns for code reuse between mobile application and web application (React / React Native)
- Communicate changes and specifications with other development teams and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with backend, quality engineers and UX to spec, write, test, and deploy code that powers forhims.com and forhers.com.
- Participate as a member in Agile team, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort for user stories, and participate in sprint reviews
- Review code and have your code reviewed.
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers.
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture.
- iOS Developer: build, maintain and deploy (to App Store) native iPhone application using both XCode and cross-platform frameworks such as React Native
- Android Developer: build, maintain and deploy (to Google Play Store) native Android application using both Java and cross-platform frameworks such as React Native
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years as a software engineer, shipping production code
- Strong familiarity with modern web technologies
- 2+ years of React/React Native, NodeJS
- Strong communication skills; ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Candidate should demonstrate strong knowledge of iPhone mobile architecture, independent of RAD frameworks
- Experience with app store deployment and common store approval issues
- 4+ years of Java and Java development tools;
- Candidate should demonstrate strong knowledge of Android mobile architecture, independent of RAD frameworks
- Experience with Google Play store deployment and common approval issues
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.