Bloom has partnered with a buzzing tech company that is a marketplace that allows independent retailers to purchase products directly from the planet’s hottest craft brands to carry on their store shelves. They use a combination of data analysis and personal curation to match these retailers with their next best seller. We are helping them hire
to join a fast growing team.
LET'S CUT TO THE CHASE
Retail is at a turning point. The wholesale industry is a trillion-dollar market divided between 1.2MM
retailers. In the past, the market had been dominated by big-box stores, largely selling the same products from the same national brands – but the consumer has changed.
Today, consumers are purchasing smaller, independent brands that are healthier, more environmentally friendly, more ethical. Consumers have moved their spending to independent retailers (both online and offline) who they share values with, and who provide the best curated selections of craft brands. This is where our client comes in.
- Writing code like everyone’s watching. Your commits should be exemplars for how the rest of the team should approach problems—clear, well-tested, performant, and easy to review.
- Tackling hard problems and deliver complete solutions that track to your estimates.
- Mentoring extensively on both the technical and process aspects of our development work. Your ability to break down work and spot issues early should be legendary, and your collaboration should make the entire organization faster, better, stronger.
- Taking initiative working with other teams and functions to drive important changes through for our users and our colleagues, and spot places where we can work smarter without having to be asked.
- Prioritizing well and help others on the team sort through what work is the most important, and help them stay focused.
- Helping recruit new members to the team by maintaining your professional network and participating in our direct recruiting efforts.
- Engineering Manager. Individual contributor role (no direct reports) with future management potential.
What You Bring to the Table
- You are a seasoned developer with 6+ years of experience working in object-oriented languages.
- You are adept at distributed systems architecture and design and/or complex application development in modern front-end frameworks. Whether you focus on the front-end, the backend, or the full stack, you're an expert who's always developing your craft.
- You’re well versed in agile engineering practices (testing, continuous delivery, etc.)
- You are a pragmatic problem solver who cares about doing things the right way.
- You value ownership and run to trouble. When you see problems, you make sure they’re dealt with, rather than sweeping them under the rug.
- You’re about understanding and solving real business problems (and not just writing code for the sake of writing code).
Bonus Points, But Totally Not Necessary If You
- A strong understanding of relational and non-relational databases and interacting with them through abstractions or raw queries.
- Having worked at a small company, or, better yet, having grown with a company that’s scaled from small to large and understanding the engineering requirements of an organization at each growth stage.
- Experience in the ecommerce sector or in two-sided markets.
What they are offering
We’re doing something big. The platform and company we’re building is transforming retail as we know it, and you’re getting in early enough to play a material part in our success. The work you will do has a direct bearing on our trajectory and performance as a company. Our client will invest in you, help you be better and help you go further.
You’ll be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and are passionate about changing retail for the better. The senior leadership are leaders in their craft who have built things before and are building a business, not a frat house or summer camp vibes here.
If you’re interested, let us know why we should talk. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of this! Accommodations for people with disabilities are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Like Bloom, our client is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.