Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is building the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in retail stores. We are developing a world-class commerce platform that makes purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers for our Customer Support Engineering Team which will build systems that power amazing experiences for our customers.
Are you interested in building out innovative customer tools around chat, telephony, email, knowledge-based systems, and more? Does the idea of starting from scratch to building something truly amazing excite you? If so, we’re looking for you to bring your ideas and talents and build experiences that match our amazing brand. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team early and lay the technical foundation for our digital commerce platform.
This Is What You’ll Do
· Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from buying merch from store, configuring their vehicles to scheduling their service
· Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
· Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps
· Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
· Build from the ground up with an obsession towards memorable experiences for our customers and Customer Service Agents.
This Is What You’ll Need
· 3+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
· Experience building distributed systems at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
or other JS framework experience
· Excellent HTML5, SASS/LESS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP experience
· Experience working with AWS or GCP, and CDNs
· Great understanding of SEO & Web accessibility principles
· Great understanding of caching, security and privacy principles
· Good understanding of CI/CD principles
· Excellent understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
· Experience with Node, Webpack, GraphQL a plus
· Experience with Serverless Architectures a plus
· Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
· Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
· Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping
· Data driven mindset with strong attention to detail, and ability to A/B test scenarios
· Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
· Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
· Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field preferred
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA, Palo Alto, CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.