Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
In the Payments, Billing and Automation group (PBA), we are focused on saving time and improving cash flow for our customers. Our vision to make Xero the best “employee” a business ever had.
As a Front End Engineer, you’ll build modern, responsive, #beautiful customer experiences. You’ll help your team to make excellent software delivery simple and work towards our vision to be one of the most sustainably excellent software engineering companies in the world.
You will also coach the less experienced developers in your team and offer them support and guidance. You will be confident leading technical discussions and be inclusive of other’s ideas. You are passionate about your craft and will be an active contributor to Xero’s global development community.
What you'll do
- Design and build scalable, modern, responsive user experiences
- Work with the team to enable world class software delivery through, understand the fundamentals of what robust delivery pipelines look like
- Understand the latest industry trends and help stay connected to the latest technologies
- Help your team deliver in an iterative manner with a focus on delivering customer value early
- Have a positive attitude and passion for working with others that contributes to a fun and enjoyable work environment
- Take pride and ownership in your work
- Performance optimization techniques
- SASS, CSS and HTML and an understanding of CSS modules or CSS in JS
- Familiar with continuous integration and automated deployment systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a web application development team
- An understanding of Agile methods and concepts
Great if you have experience with
- Cloud platform experience (Google cloud, Azure, AWS)
- UX Design and user testing
- Server-side development experience (C#, Node.js)
- Building and monitoring scalable platforms
- Working with newer technologies/concepts like Typescript, PWAs & infrastructure as code
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.