Coinsquare's Product & Engineering team is looking to add a highly skilled software developer to our Exchange Product Team.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to help drive implementation and delivery of solutions to challenging technical problems. You wake up in the morning desiring to make an impact. You are passionate about your craft and enjoy collaborating and helping others. You are known as someone who is reliable, resourceful and a creative problem solver who has a strong track record of delivery. You are an advocate for building sustainable, secure and scalable software.
The Exchange Product Team is responsible for Coinsquare’s digital currency exchange offering, targeted for our retail and wealth customers in the Canadian market. This team’s mission is to provide access to crypto currency investment opportunities to Canadians while offering a delightful experience.
If you are passionate about your craft then we encourage you to reach out. We value your personal insight and ideas as much as your technical skills. In no particular order, some of the things we look for most in candidates are: a desire to collaborate on complex problems, a willingness and interest in learning from anyone (aka a "growth mindset"), a sense of humbleness, and an appreciation of puns. If you've got what we're looking for, get back to us with some projects that you're proud of!
What you’ll be doing :
- Writing clean, SOLID, and understandable code
- Working daily with a modern front end stack: React (Hooks & Redux patterns), TypeScript, and GraphQL
- Working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback
- Discussing with your peers about components architecture, user stories breakdown, and estimations
- Adding to the neverending number of tests
- Working in a collaborative environment with product, design, and development to build quality software
- Growing engineering teams by mentoring and applying good development practices
What you’ll bring :
- 5+ years of experience of frontend development
- Familiarity with a modern web frontend framework or library (we use React)
- An understanding of Redux/Flux patterns and SPA's state control management
- Familiarity with a component management library such as Storybook
- Experience on testing presentational components and unit testing regular JS implementations
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.