Founded in 2007, Quimbee is one of the most widely used and respected study aids for law students. With a massive and growing library of case briefs, video lessons, definitions, and practice questions, Quimbee helps its members achieve academic success in law school. Quimbee can be accessed on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
The position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
Quimbee's tech team works on an agile process and has a great mix of seasoned web backend, frontend, and mobile developers. Quimbee's mobile application is based on React Native, and we make the effort to keep it updated to recent dependencies' versions. We're big believers in automated tests, and while we don't necessarily do test-first, CodeClimate rates our maintenance with an A, and we're pushing to get our code coverage to >90%.
This position will provide assistance with respect to our mobile app's code (React Native, Typescript) in the context of our Ruby on Rails platform, collaborating with our design team to create our screens and with our backend developers to integrate with the JSON-based, REST API.
Who We’re Looking For
- An experienced mobile developer. You have lots of experience building hybrid mobile applications, and ideally at least some experience with native development with iOS and Android platforms. You’re also comfortable writing HTML and CSS.
- A versatile engineer. You know what you don’t know and feel comfortable learning new skills. You’re not ashamed of recognizing mistakes and take measures to avoid falling again.
- A team player. You share code-ownership as much as possible. You don't mind fixing other people’s code or stepping in to help a teammate.
- A great communicator. You communicate your ideas, feedback, and criticism thoroughly, clearly, and courteously. You believe there’s no such thing as over-explaining or over-clarifying because that’s how miscommunication is avoided.
- Maintain and improve our mobile app's code, currently based on React Native with Typescript, writing new features and adapting existing ones collaborating with our web-platform developers.
- Grow and maintain our suite of automated tests.
- Maintain our style guide in collaboration with our design team.
- Design and write maintainable code following best practices but knowing that most of the time, good enough is better than perfect.
- Collaborate with teammates, the Project Manager, Product, Design, and QA teams during the whole SDLC, providing technical points of view, effort estimates, drafting and/or reviewing requirements, etc.
- Take ownership of assigned projects and be responsible for communicating progress on a regular basis.
- Participate in scheduled planning, review, retrospective, and 1-on-1 meetings on a regular basis (via videoconferencing technologies).
- Investigate issues reported by our automated systems, or our customer support or QA teams, document them and try to determine impact and root cause.
- Be on-call during special periods.