For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Front End React Developer that can successfully transform the dream design of our clients into a well-functioning platform.
As a React Developer, you will work on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high performing websites and strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace. You will work heavily with React, and will provide training to make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest technologies. You will ensure the client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date and you will continuously strive to improve your craft.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us. Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Are an expert with HTML and CSS and are comfortable writing JS, ES6 and jQuery;
- Have commercial experience of building best of breed React applications;
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection;
- Have experience of responsive website development including component development, templates, grids / breakpoints & pattern libraries;
- Have experience or awareness of CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS and/or SASS);
- Have experience or awareness of task runners (e.g. Grunt and/or Gulp) and using source control (Git);
- Are able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes;
- Are aware of modular approaches to HTML markup;
- Ideally have experience of building for a CMS;
- Some experience of Redux would be beneficial.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- An excellent salary based on experience;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- Flexible working – choose your hours around our 4 core hours, and work from home/office;
- 25 days paid holiday including a holiday sales and purchase scheme;
- Free refreshments – refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as beer fridge at 4pm on a Friday;
- Lunch together – once a month, we buy lunch for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Annual social budget;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Weekender in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within Dept, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international digital agency, from our offices across Europe and the US, over a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data to reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.