Apply for this job
Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless plug-and-play platform from which to offer product insurance. We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about e-commerce and building efficiencies through a customer-first outlook. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
Mulberry is hiring for a Frontend Engineer to help build a modern platform transforming how insurance is priced and offered at the point of sale. As a Frontend Engineer at Mulberry, you will be working with a close-knit team with deep experience building financial products for e-commerce.
What You'll Do
- Expand capabilities of Mulberry.js SDK, plugins and extensions (e.g. Shopify app)
- Build out our next generation of partner and internal reporting dashboards.
- Design, build and maintain the APIs that power the Mulberry platform.
- Interface directly with our partners, supporting their Mulberry integrations
- Write documentation covering our API's and product
- Create technical content/demos/sample code to demonstrate Mulberry capabilities and best practices
- Work closely with product stakeholders to define requirements/specifications
What We're Seeking
- 3+ years experience working on software development teams
- CSS Preprocessors (Styled Components, CSS in JS, SCSS)
- React, Webpack
- Exceptional debugging skills
- Effective communicator, team player
- Git workflow
- Unit / Integration testing
- Agile workflow
- Ability to develop products without a framework
- You're not afraid of the backend
- Have backend / Python experience
- An eye for good UX / product design
You may be a great candidate if you
- Are passionate about writing high-quality code
- Enjoy refactoring and leaving code in a better place than when you found it
- Want to make a huge impact on a brand-new, innovative platform.
- Are an excellent communicator
- Take pride in ownership and in driving projects to completion
- Are passionate about building products
- Are great at learning something new
- Function independently, with minimal oversight, but also on a team
- You want to work on a new codebase with a fresh stack
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits, including 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!