Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a Software Engineer at Cision, you will be working with an established team to design and deliver critical systems and services for Cision’s next-generation Digital-PR platform. This platform includes a rich web UI and is powered by large-scale data systems and micro-services. You will contribute and drive various efforts on a team that designs, builds, tests, deploys, maintains, and supports their work using a variety of open-source technologies in a fast-paced Agile environment.
You will be part of a global Product Delivery organization of over 300 people with diverse technical backgrounds and skills. In this role, you will be working on a platform that contains billions of processed and enriched articles as well as 1 billion+ social influencers and publishers. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers and other Engineers to define and create the software components and services our customers depend on every day to do their jobs.
You will help us with:
- Bringing pragmatic experience with modern web technologies to guide the team in using clean patterns and maintaining a performant, scalable front-end architecture
- Being responsible for solving complex problems related to user experience, accessibility, performance and reusability
- Managing your own code - designing, building, testing, and deploying it from your local environment to production, with assistance from QA, DevOps and other developers as needed
- Participating and providing guidance in thorough code reviews in a collaborative, constructive environment
- You and your team will maintain a backlog of epics, user stories, and tasks that you deliver continuously - we deploy to production many times a day
- Constant communication with members of your team, your direct manager, and other global software developers
You will be a good fit for the role if you have:
- Experience working with React, react-redux and TypeScript highly desirable
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs – you have used and built APIs
- Experience working with CI/CD and Git
- Experience writing unit testing, ideally with React Testing Library, Jest
- Ability to adapt to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, eager to learn and master diverse technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
You will be a great fit if you also have:
- Knowledge of RESTful API design principles, OpenAPI spec, and Swagger
- Experience using Java or another jvm language - Groovy highly desirable
- Experience working with Grails, SpringBoot, or similar rapid-development frameworks
- Experience building and deploying microservices - Vert.x highly desirable
- Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins and AWS platform - Elasticsearch and Kinesis highly desirable
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL and PostgresSQL
- Experience using agile methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum
- General experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4