Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a Senior software engineer on the Frontend Core team, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining the core frontend tools and framework used by every product team at Axon. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include defining reusable React
components, defining our organization's standards and best practices, optimizing our build and test tools to maximize efficiency, and refactoring our products to improve overall quality and user experience. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to open source tools and libraries.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is good at executing on large projects, and isn't afraid to make big changes to fundamental aspects of our code. You should have a good sense of design and a strong drive to do right by our customers. As a senior engineer, you'll be expected to participate in design reviews and provide guidance for more junior team members in the form of PR reviews and general mentorship. You'll have the opportunity to make changes that benefit our customers and all other frontend engineers, so it's important to be able to explain what changes you're making and why, to make it easier for the other teams to understand.
Core Technology Used:
React + Redux
Jest + React Testing Library
Interfacing with Scala and Go backend services
- 5+ years of experience in frontend / full-stack software engineering
- Ability to write clean and concise code
- Deep understanding of frontend technologies
- Ability to work within an existing codebase
- Good sense of design
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Ability to explain core frontend principles and technologies to other engineers
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.