Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to many leading organizations to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads/month, our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense, and more.
Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
We are looking for an engineer who excels at frontend development. We need a Developer with a passion and eye for design, both visual and technical, and a demonstrated talent to help us craft a user experience that is second to none. You'll be designing and implementing critical parts of the frontend of Mattermost’s upcoming SaaS product.
- Create accessible, user-centric web experiences
- Contribute changes to the Mattermost product focused on maximizing the experience of Mattermost Cloud
- Build the frontend of our customer portal
- Work closely with product managers and UI/UX designers
- Follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from requirements to completion stage
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challenges
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 5+ years of previous experience as a developer with a user product development focus
- Deep understanding of the React ecosystem
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Familiarity with or interest in cloud native technologies for Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub at scale
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, CircleCI, GitLab CI
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring
staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire
in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!