Q4 is a leading global provider of cloud-based investor relations, with the mission of partnering with customers to achieve their strategic IR objectives. Through best-in-class customer experience and an innovative suite of IR technology, Q4 is a trusted partner to over 1,500 of the world’s largest brands. Q4’s comprehensive portfolio of IR communications and intelligence solutions, supported by an industry-leading customer experience model, empower customers to build impactful and strategic IR programs. Q4 has offices in New York, Toronto, Hamilton, Copenhagen, and London. To learn more, visit: www.q4inc.com
Q4 is a team of creators, builders, and disrupters who specialize in solutions for investor relations. We develop products that are constantly evolving, solving problems, and pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for capital markets. Our products are built from scratch and leverage the strengths of every developer and team member at Q4.
Who you are.
As a Frontend Developer, you will be working with product management and a team of developers to develop products with rich user experience and interface. You will be responsible for creating a unique and elegant interaction between users and our applications across all platforms. A successful Frontend Developer must have demonstrable experience in translating business and user requirements into elegant and reusable elements that will delight our users.
What you will do:
- Build high quality, performant, scalable and maintainable front-end applications
- Regularly collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners in order to avail interactive and scalable front-end applications. Then further collaborate with the UX designers for the purpose of designing and implementing application experience
- Work closely with full-stack/backend developers in building features and efficiencies for the realization of the anticipated end product
- Oversee the development of the company’s applications and will be in charge of the latest processes and technology in order to build scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant front-end applications.
- Provide technical leadership and documentation to senior engineering leadership and key stakeholders, continuously informing them on progress and important details of projects at key phases of application development.
- Participate in the daily scrum and sprint planning.
- Analyze and ensure the technical feasibility of proposed application designs.
- Mentor and coach others, providing technical guidance and helping build an environment of knowledge-sharing and encouraged feedback
- Comfortable leading technical design discussions and facilitating technical decision making.
- 4+ years experience in hand-coded, standards-compliant HTML5, CSS and JS
- 3+ years production experience with modern client-side web frameworks such as React, AngularJS with Typescript
- Deep knowledge of programming best practices, software design patterns and industry standards like SOLID principles
- Ability to create responsive UI components for high-performance and scalability
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS/LESS
- Experience with backend data / API integration using JSON and RESTful web services
- Hands-on experience building websites using responsive design
- Experience with Node workflow/build systems (webpack, npm, etc...), $ and a working knowledge of REST and JSON
- Good knowledge of front end unit testing frameworks and experience with their implementation
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology including sprints, SCRUMS and test-driven development
- You are curious by nature and not afraid to ask “why”. You don’t stop digging till you find out why your code worked (or didn’t work)
- You have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies through training, self-advancement, and collaboration with peers
Nice to have:
- Backend development using Node.js
- Experience with databases including MongoDB, PostgreSQL etc.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to investigate software related issues and general problem solver
- Highly logical
- Highly self-motivated
- Proven analytical problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively organize and perform tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Emphasize on quality, process, and iterative improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent mix of education and experience
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Unlimited paid time off. Enough said.
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity incentives for everyone!
- Employee Assistance Programs. We help you focus on your work life balance!
- Tuition Reimbursements. We invest in your continued learning!!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
We are currently all working from home, so the following can be enjoyed when its safe to return to the office:
- Dog-friendly office. Hope you can handle cuteness overload!
- Food for thought. Complimentary tea, coffee and snacks!
- Themed socials. Karaoke. Maybe a costume?
- Trendy, open concept offices in a hip part of town.
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.