Feast It is changing the global events industry for the better. We have built a curated platform to connect the best suppliers to the most exciting events, from dinner parties for 20 right up to the UK’s largest festivals. We believe that every event deserves incredible food, drink, and entertainment and we are building the technology to unlock it for everyone.
We’ve built an incredible community of the nation’s finest event suppliers, from independent videographers, florists, and mixologists, to the finest chefs and restaurants in the world, such as Nobu, Bao, and Honest Burgers. And yes, the job involves free food and tickets to events...
Only three years into our journey, we’ve worked with everyone, from Amazon, Nike, and London Pride, to Tom Cruise, Star Wars, and Taylor Swift, and have seen nothing but rapid growth. Recently we came #7 in the Startups 100 awards, were finalists in the Natwest Entrepreneur Awards, and have been named in the top 15 in Tempo’s 50 Best Places to Work. We’ve been lucky to attract funding from some of the UK’s finest investors, including Tim Score (Chairman of British Land), Guy Berryman (member of Coldplay), and Richard Pennycook (Former Hut Group Chairman and Co-op CEO) who has joined us as Chair. Our team is expanding, our office keeps growing, and we’ve fed millions of people at events over the last few years!
If you’re an ambitious, status-quo challenging self-starter looking to change an industry, you’ll fit right in and we want to hear from you.
About the role
We are on a mission to build the technology to power the best events in the world, connecting the most incredible suppliers with the most unique events. It is vital that our platform has the features to make us integral to both our customers and suppliers, and this role has a huge part to play in this.
We are a small in-house development team consisting of three front-end developers, one back-end developer and a tech lead. We work in a T-shaped SCRUM team with a product lead and dedicated UX/UI designer. We are looking for a full-stack developer to evaluate the existing codebase and own making the improvements. You will also help turn user feedback into the latest features that will allow our customers to get the most out of the platform.
Our backend is built with NodeJS, Express and PostgreSQL, hosted on AWS. Our frontend applications are currently written in ReactJS with a mix of a classic react app and a NextJS server side rendered app. We also use Redux, Emotion, and Storybook.
As a full stack developer, you will be a central part of our core project. Every day is different, but you can expect to be involved in improving infrastructure, building GraphQL and REST endpoints, optimising workflows, integrating with third party libraries, building elements into our design library, translating designs into code, and automating as much as possible.
After our recent relaunch as an events business, we are now focusing on improving our quoting experience, enhancing our user to supplier matching algorithm, and overhauling our database to ensure scalability and performance.
In the next 6 months, we are looking to take huge steps towards modernising the oldest parts of our site. This will include rebuilding the stack with React, GraphQL, Typescript, Nexus and Prisma.
We believe that tech can be taught, so we would love to hear from anybody who has a passion for our industry and is excited by the above. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge in:
- Writing REST or GraphQL APIs
- React or a similar component based framework like Vue or Angular
- Databases, such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB
We are passionate about changing the tech industry for the better, so if you are from an underrepresented background then we would particularly love to hear from you.
Our offices are in London and at the moment we have no plans to return to them. If and when the current situation evolves to a point where we are comfortable working from the office, we may ask you to join us there occasionally.
We pride ourselves on having an ego-free culture. Everybody, from founder to junior, has the opportunity to bring ideas to the table and suggest how we can improve. Bi-weekly company stand-ups will ensure you have a grasp of what other departments are doing.
We also invest in training, with the opportunities to attend conferences or spend some time doing personal learning, with the hope that you can then bring those skills into your daily life and use them to help the entire team improve.
- Remote working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Invites and tickets to food and event industry events
- Significant discounts at London’s best restaurants and bars
- You’ll be part of a fun and passionate team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company
- If/when a bit of normality resumes, we have a dog-friendly office with 100+ incredible lunch options nearby, a plant-filled utopia of working space and regular team socials, and events ranging from company dinner parties to Secret Cinema events.
- Our customers care, so do we. We’re involved in the most important days of people’s lives. We appreciate that and make sure we do everything possible to make their event as perfect as possible.
- Always aim for excellence. We care about quality. We won’t get to where we want to go without working smart as well as hard. We take pride in our work and never deliver work we think is anything less than brilliant.
- Push ourselves to always learn and improve. We know that neither ourselves nor the way we work is perfect. We constantly critique to find ways to improve ourselves as professionals and increase our impact on the business.
- We are team players. No person is an island and we're either going to sink or swim together as a team. Everyone is expected to be a team player and no one gets left behind. Notice someone struggling? Help them out and expect the same in return.
- Don’t be a dick. We like working with good people. Don’t be a dick to the planet, don’t be a dick to our customers, don’t be a dick to our suppliers, and sure as hell don’t be a dick to each other.
- Party while you work. Startups are hard work - celebrate the wins, laugh and enjoy the ride. We’re building something huge, let’s have fun while we do it.