We want you to help us take WordPress, Simplenote, and other native apps for Android and iOS to the next level. We want people to be able to blog and manage their site or shop wherever they are, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones, such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
- You are highly collaborative and you love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- You are passionate about and accomplished in Android or iOS software development; in particular, Kotlin and Swift experience are a definite plus.
- You are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; experience with Espresso, performance testing and unit testing is very welcome.
- You are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
- Experience with React Native development.
- UI design skills and knowledge of platform design specifications.
- PHP, WordPress, and REST API backend programming experience.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can influence product decisions.
- Knowledge of tooling and build systems.
- Open source contributions, particularly involvement in open source (or other) communities.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
Curious who works in engineering at Automattic? Meet our Mobile Engineers – Thuy, Elisa, and Aaron!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us about an interesting app you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- How do you use our products, or their competitors? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?