Are you interested in a remote
engineer role leading the direction of the Experimentation and Product Analytics platform for all of Yelp, and helping us adopt open source software like GraphQL to suit our needs? Our team supports the engineers who are providing the best user experience to millions of users! We build analytics and experimentation SDKs, create tooling, set best practices, and define web architecture patterns that scale. Our goal is to enable quick and effortless decision making by leveraging data. We routinely tackle hard challenges and care deeply about efficient web infrastructure.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
Where you come in:
- Design and build maintainable & scalable web infrastructure to support experimentation and product analytics for our full stack engineers and Product managers.
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market.
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and Yelp’s needs.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Intuition for usability and UI design, with an ability to balance polish with the constraints of timing and scope.
- Competency in evaluating open source and in-house software solutions, figuring out their trade-offs, and deciding on the right tool for the job. Comfortable with modern tooling such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Enzyme.
- Experience with Unix systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to own a team project from scoping to implementation.
- Responsiveness to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Experience making incremental changes to large code bases.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.