At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced Sr. Front-end Software Engineer to be part of the Brand Savings Engineering team. This team’s mission is to remove all barriers to prescription adherence by connecting patients with the most convenient and affordable brand therapy options, based on their unique circumstances and needs. As our Sr. Front-end Software Engineer, you will be collaborating with the rest of our engineering, product, design, data, and analytics team to transform ideas into exceptional products to help our users find affordable therapy solutions. You’ll be responsible for developing, prototyping, designing, and optimizing in front-end web technologies such as React, Redux, NodeJS, ES6, and TypeScript. You are passionate about innovation and playing around with the latest front-end technologies and assist the team in innovating and pushing the boundaries of our web technologies. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas from inception to final product in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain reusable front-end systems that drive our complex web applications.
- Own, create, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals and proof of concepts
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions and evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Improve our design system and make other cross cutting architecture improvements to our overall front-end architecture.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services
- Collaborate, learn, and grow
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by thousands of users
- Experience with our tech stack - React, TypeScript, Redux, NodeJS, ES6, Lerna, Webpack, and Express
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using CSS preprocessor or css-in-js
- Experience with writing robust and maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals – you may work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key
- Experience building and maintaining responsive and/or isomorphic web applications.
- Knowledge of how performance on the web is measured and experience with tools like Lighthouse, Runscope, Sentry, and/or Datadog.
- WCAG 2.0+ AA and/or accessibility standards for web
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Network (CDNs) level caching for static assets and static/dynamic web pages.
- Knowledge with continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment tools like Travis, Circle, Drone, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar.
- Experience with multi-package manager tools like Lerna
- Knowledge or experience with React Hydration similar to Gatsby
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.