Apply for this job
Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine's 2019 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we're building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
In this role, you will be the first mobile engineer and React Native expert on our team. You will directly impact our business by creating, maintaining and improving upon the native Perpay app. You will work in a truly mobile-first environment, directly with our CTO, Head of Product, COO and CEO. This is a full-stack role where you'll not only build complex apps but will also make impactful decisions on the product.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Owning our native app from inception, design feedback, and implementation through the launch and support of new features.
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineers to ensure we’re shipping the right things to our users and iterating based on their feedback.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 3+ years in software development experience, delivering commercial products to market
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and everything in between.
- Build high availability and resilient systems which can accept and report orders no matter the network or device conditions.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
- An understanding of REST API-Driven Microservices & Micro Frontends
- Strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc).
- Significant experience with React and the React ecosystem as well as unidirectional data flow patterns, preferably Redux.
- History of effectively collaborating with creative, technical, and business teams
- A passion for UX/UI design or familiarity with UX/UI principles
- An understanding of MVC web application frameworks, preferably Django
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly, with software engineering fundamentals being valued more than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, scalable, readable, and testable code
- A belief in Agile methodologies, while still knowing how and when to adapt them to fit a team and projects
- A firm understanding of data design and both relational database and NoSQL databases
- Bonus points for experience with AWS and Docker
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing financial startups in the country
- Competitive salary + equity
- 401k with company match
- Health / Dental / Vision insurance
- Gym + Public Transportation subsidy
- Relocation assistance
- While we've mainly operated remotely since early 2020, we're excited to move into our brand new home at 2400 Market St. when conditions allow. Currently under construction, our new office will incorporate all the best aspects of our first home (espresso bar, full kitchen, work/lounge space) in a riverfront setting with iconic Philadelphia Art Museum views. We can't wait to make our new space in Center City's vibrant Fitler Square neighborhood our own and we're looking for passionate & motivated folks to help us grow into it together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don’t work with recruiters - please contact us or apply directly.