Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
The role in a nutshell
We’re looking for a smart and positive person to join us as a Senior Frontend Engineer in our Customer Journey Optimisation Team. This multidisciplinary team is all about accelerating our growth and improving retention by ensuring we have a product customers love. We'll do this through measuring and optimising the customer journey using data driven insights and experimentation. You’ll be working with UX researchers, Product Designers, Engineers and Stakeholders to execute strategy, make decisions, prioritize projects to build our global product with a seamless customer journey.`
We use Ruby and Elixir on the backend, React on the frontend and we love Postgres. We use an automated, pull request based, continuous integration workflow. Every pull request is automatically deployed to its own testing environment so getting feedback on your work is quick and easy. All pull requests are reviewed by other engineers, so there’s always an opportunity to get deep feedback on different technologies from different developers. All developers can deploy to production and we do so several times a day.
What you’ll do
- With peers in the customer journey team, work on projects identified through customer research to improve our product market fit.
- Bring a consistent quality and standard to the Sendle interface for both customers interacting with our product and engineers interacting with our code.
- Improving the design of Sendle’s front end architecture to enable rapid user testing and experimentation.
- Work with a wide range of people across Sendle from Marketing and Product, through to Customer Support and Analytics; to bring guidance on development processes and help prioritise projects.
What you’ll need
- Experience designing and building performant, accessible, testable, maintainable frontend code. Bonus points for experience with localization and internationalization.
- You’ve worked in a team focused on optimising the customer journey and have experience with A/B testing, experimentation, and behavioural analytics and love discovering and solving customer pain points and improving customer outcomes.
- Strong experience with Design Systems, CSS, and React, preferably within a Ruby on Rails context, and are pragmatic when integrating front and backend technologies.
- Working rights in Australia
What we’re offering
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative, creative, supportive team
- A generous personal development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a remote team from anywhere in Australia.
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.