*This role can be remote, with preference in San Francisco or Dallas*
Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is looking for a React-Native Developer to join our cross functional team and put their talents to work towards increasing access to high-quality mental healthcare. The ideal candidate will have developed multiple mobile applications with React Native and published them to Google Play and the App Store. This is a great opportunity for curious, passionate, and creative problem-solvers seeking to learn and contribute in a high-growth environment. This role can be Remote, or can work from our offices in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
- Work as part of a team to build React Native iOS and Android applications
- Integrate third-party API’s
- Write unit and integration tests
- Architect, build, and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code
- Work with Native modules when required
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience
- Assist with building estimates
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Create UI Screen and Modules in both IOS and Android and integrate with React Native application
- Deployment on React Native application to both App Store and Google Play
- Create software code, unit tests and assist with encoding, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Improve product quality through code reviews, writing effective unit tests, and collaborating with QA to implement automation testing where appropriate
- 1+ years of experience building code for React Native to be released from Google Play and the App store.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with a degree in software engineering, or 5 years or professional software development experience without a degree.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them
- Use of Native Modules and Native UI components from both IOS and Android
- Experience using external APIs
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSql Databases
- Great communication skills
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails a huge plus
- Strong object-oriented design, programming and debugging skills
- Passionate about mobile development and writing correct, and efficient code
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values