Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We need your help to build beautiful new user interfaces, and improve the existing ones, on our Salesforce platform that serves both Xero customers and partners!
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our Internal Integrations team based here in Wellington, to work closely with the Service team and BAU teams. You will get the opportunity to work on a diverse, extensive and evolving set of challenges as we help Xero scale.
What you’ll do:
- Work with other Front End Developers to plan and develop sustainable UI practices in Salesforce CRM, which includes phasing in Xero’s Design System
- Collaborate with Product Designers to implement consistent responsive designs with users in mind
- Coordinate with Salesforce Developers to strategise and implement scalable Salesforce flavoured UI components
- Collaborate with other product teams to develop React based solutions which utilises Salesforce’s preferred partners and integrations
- Develop robust, secure, high-quality software, meeting requirements of the agreed specifications, and complying with Xero’s formal and informal development team standards and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging development technologies and methodologies
What you’ll bring with you:
- A love for UX, CSS, and semantic markup, with an eye for design patterns
- Proven experience with CMSs, CSS pre-processors, Git, responsive & scalable designs, and HTML5
- A passion for developing user-focused web-based applications for all major viewports and modern browsers
- Self-starting and pragmatic problem-solving mindset, while working around third-party tooling issues and limitations
- The ability to work as part of a team and able to take pride and ownership in their work
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.