Earthcube is a “new space” startup based in Paris and Toulouse intending to disrupt the Earth Imaging business. We offer an end-to-end solution to democratize satellite based monitoring.
Backed by the European Space Agency, we are a young but very ambitious company and we move extremely fast. After a first 3M€ seed round we are already providing monitoring services to our first customers and are moving toward large scale commercial deployment
As front-end engineer at Earthcube, you will have one objective in life: create a great software platform for our great products! As an early team member, you will have the freedom (and responsibility!) to choose the best technical solutions to achieve your goals and build a strong and evolutive software with the future in mind. Your missions will be to:
· Architect, design, and build our next-generation user-facing tools;
· Package and integrate our API into web platforms using modern frameworks to grow our commercial reach;
· Make a difference with a great UX that will improve our workflow efficiency and reduce operating costs;
· Contribute to promoting a strong engineering culture and passion for quality and things well done.
We are looking for a brilliant person with impressive skills, a proven track record and the spirit of a conqueror. Mastering the skills listed below will not be too much to be up to the challenge.
- Rock solid experience with a complete, modern web development stack and framework with mandatory skills in React/Redux;
- Experience deploying complex system on mainstream cloud service platform (AWS, Google etc..);
- Excellent organizational skills and autonomy. A passion for shipping quality code within deadlines and for automated testing;
- Willingness to take on challenges, show resilience and always learn new skills;
- MS in Software Engineering or related field with 3-5+ year programming experience.
- Basic skills in UX/UI design;
- Experience with MapBox, Leaflet or map related product.
- Full stack capability and experiences in NodeJS, Python…
- First experience as responsible for end to end software development
- Experience in startups or high reliability companies (cloud-based services, software providers, aerospace, defense…) with direct responsibility to maintain and improve products, infrastructures and processes would be a very strong asset.
We will not say that we specifically are looking for a « nerd », but let’s face it: SpaceX on Mars, nanosatellites, flying cars or Kerbal Space Program are among the things we discuss over lunch…So yes, we will need you to be attracted by hardware and software technology, especially for space applications.
What we can offer
Earthcube offers a competitive salary, and provides a great working environment that includes dedicated time to work on side projects and develop new skills.
We also offer the opportunity to work on a unique project: unlock AI technologies for critical geospatial applications. We like to design products that actually make a difference for people on the ground in order to make the world a little less scary.
Earthcube promotes diversity and mixity in its workforce, so whatever your background is, if you think you are up to the task and want to be part of our adventure, feel free to apply.