Job ID: 000113_JFED
We are rapidly growing our core team and are looking for a Front-End Developer to join us.
Applicants should be driven, passionate and self-motivated. You will be joining an interdisciplinary team of talented developers and scientists building the next generation scientific data management and machine learning platform which is currently disrupting the multi-billion-dollar Biotechnology industry by enabling our clients to create better drugs faster.
At Aigenpulse we value our developers as people as well as employees. We want you to grow and learn here and so we would be delighted to support you to attend courses, conferences or anything else that would benefit you or your team. We also offer a very attractive benefits package including 24 days annual leave, private health care, dental treatment, gym membership & private pension.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Headquarters are in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
- Work closely with colleagues in a cross-functional engineering team to develop and maintain our software products.
- Have a good understanding of UX principles to enable the team to provide the best experience to our users.
- Create bespoke and flexible UI interfaces using React.
- Interact with API’s and have a good understanding of their underlying technology.
- Maintain legacy code.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous delivery processes and practices.
- Good understanding of data structures and associated visualisation is desirable.
- Deliver readable, maintainable and testable code.
- Design and Language
- Proficient in HTML, CSS
- 2 + years of hands-on experience in developing user interfaces and web applications.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Positive and productive team member with a willingness to be flexible in your working practices and respond to the dynamic environment of a rapidly growing start-up.
- Ability to present your work and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, clients and third-party vendors
- Test Driven / Behaviour Driven Development
- Able to work within an Agile delivery environment within a multi-functional team
- Experience in automated testing of web user interfaces creatively and effectively
- Proven track record of designing and implementing React applications.
- Experience with testing.
- Python experience
- Docker experience
- Be passionate about learning new technologies.
PERSONAL SKILLS / CULTURE
The kind of people we are looking for:
- Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, and encourage constructive collaborative feedback, friendly engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels of the business; this forms the basis of our core values: Trust, Respect and Diversity
- Continuously learn new technologies and presenting them at tech team meet ups
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter care of Human Resources.
The cover letter should include links to previous examples of work such as GitHub
As much as we would like to hire everybody, we do have to ensure that we both fit together.
- Initial call with Head of Technology
- Telephone meeting with a number of members of the engineering team.
- Face to face call
- Technical test and presentation