This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on August 10, 2020.
Most of our Federal contracts require U.S. Citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We’re looking for a front end designer to help us better share our story with a larger audience of like-minded designers, engineers and product folks interested in making a difference. You’ll contribute beautiful, functional front-end code that brings our designs to life, while serving as a valuable bridge between our design and engineering teams.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You'll Do
- Leverage modern front-end frameworks like React to deliver performant and maintainable front-end applications
- Integrate with various back-end APIs, and collaborate with team members to ensure back-end services meet the needs of our front-end systems
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- 2 + years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby API's
- Experience optimizing client-side web applications for speed and performance.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Building and testing web applications for accessibility.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.