Position: Front end Intern (paid)
Company: Truera , Inc.
Truera, Inc. is an early stage startup commercializing research in explainable machine learning. We are working to help humans understand ‘why’ machine learning models behave the way they do in order to address algorithmic bias and discrimination and to help people make better decisions with AI.
Our team has strong research ties to CMU and Stanford, and is composed of machine learning engineers and designers from the industry's top companies such as Google, Microsoft, and IDEO.
We are looking for full-time Front End Engineering Interns for fall of 2020, as well as Winter/Spring/Summer of 2021 to join our engineering team and directly contribute to our v1 enterprise application which is currently being used by large banks and insurance companies to identify and address unjust bias in their models as well as improve the overall quality of their models.
Given the current COVID-19 situation we are being flexible with dates and time-commitments so don't hesitate to reach out if you have a special circumstance.
What to expect
- Work on projects that directly influence our enterprise and consumer offerings with expectations of developing code that ships
- Learn about the rapidly evolving field of explainability (XAI) and how AI is applied in industry settings
- Experience what it is like to be a part of a fast growing, early startup
- Be supervised by Santiago Seira, who leads design and front-end engineering. Was previously a project lead at IDEO.
- Summer internship experience working on the front end of digital products
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Experience in data visualization (d3, webGL, openFrameworks etc...)
- Attention to detail and an eye for aesthetic design
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Truera (formerly known as AILens) are considered property of Truera and are not subject to payment of agency fees.