Splice Machine, an AI data platform startup company, is looking for a Front End Developer with a good design eye to design, build, and maintain the user experience for all of our customer-facing web applications. We're not like other AI platforms and desire an interface that differentiates us from the pack with a beautiful, easy to use interface. Work from anywhere in the US.
Splice Machine modernizes applications so companies don't have to rewrite them, making them data-rich and intelligent with distributed SQL, and in-database machine learning. No matter where an enterprise is in its maturity on the AI curve, Splice Machine provides powerful starting points and a clear path to becoming an AI-powered company. The Splice Machine Operational AI Data Platform combines a SQL RDBMS, data warehouse, and ML platform in one, delivering better business outcomes faster.
At Splice Machine you'll work on solutions that matter in a culture that will inspire you to do your very best. Our distributed teams work with the latest technology and tools in an open and collaborative flexible-work environment. We offer competitive salaries, generous equity, and wellness coverage, as well as the opportunity to seize moments of inspiration from either your home office or shared workspace, anywhere in the world.
Splice Machine’s CEO/ Co-Founder, Monte Zweben, is a serial entrepreneur in AI, selling his first company, Red Pepper, to Peoplesoft/ Oracle for $225M and taking his second company Blue Martini, through one of the largest IPOs in the early 2000s ($2.9B). He started Splice Machine to disrupt the $30 billion traditional database market with the first open-source dual-engine database and predictive platform to power Big Data, AI and Machine Learning applications.
Splice Machine has recruited a team of legendary Big Data advisors including, Roger Bamford, “Father of Oracle RAC”, Michael Franklin, former Director of AMPLab at UC Berkeley, Ken Rudin, Head of Growth and Analytics for Google Search, Andy Pavlo, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University and Ray Lane, former COO of Oracle, to collaborate with the Splice Machine team as we blaze new trails in Big Data.
Front End Developer
As a Front End Developer, you’ll be focused on designing, building, and maintaining the user experience for all of our customer-facing web applications.
- You have an eye for web design and are passionate about user experience.
- You have an understanding of current and evolving web standards as they related to user experience.
- You are a self-starter that takes the initiative to improve things and has a strong sense of ownership.
- You are passionate about usability and can embrace a culture of A/B experimentation to get it right.
About What You’ll Work On
- Build user interfaces designed to engage and WOW! today's AI/ Machine Learning developer. We're not like other AI platforms and want an interface that differentiates us from the pack with beautiful, easy to use interfaces that speaks specifically to the developer.
- Design and build features to a Kubernetes Cloud Manager front end to engage Data Science, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Engineer and other critical personas and roles.
- Upgrade our existing React applications to the latest version of React.
- Create a seamless experience across various web applications, building new web applications as our product evolves.
- The opportunity to go outside your normal duties and work on our blog, attend hackathons and conferences, speak at events, contribute to StackOverflow and open source development or anything else you’re interested in that can add to our community.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Basic knowledge of frontend unit testing.
- General knowledge of NodeJS and Docker.
- A “Can-do” attitude and team player who proactively shares knowledge and operates. with a strong sense of urgency to get things done well.
At Splice Machine you'll work on solutions that matter in a culture that will inspire you to do your very best. Our distributed teams work with the latest technology and tools in an open and collaborative flexible-work environment. We offer competitive salaries, generous equity, and wellness coverage, as well as the opportunity to seize moments of inspiration from either your home office or shared workspace, anywhere in the world. Splice Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse, anti-racist and inclusive workforce.