is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 300 partner brands. To date, Drop has over 3 million users and has rewarded over $20 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
- We are looking for a Junior Frontend Engineer to join our growing team. As a Frontend Engineer at Drop, you’ll be a pioneering member of frontend infrastructure initiatives that are in their formulation stages (including our design system). You will also be responsible for design, development, delivery, and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications.
What kinds of challenges will the Frontend Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Building reusable components for our React Native frontend application
- Architecting scalable features for end-users
- Refactoring legacy application code to be more performant/understandable
- Providing input during feature-planning sessions and throughout development, up to and post shipping (beginning-to-end ownership of features)
- Communicating between multiple stakeholders while developing features
- Maintenance of frontend native integrations
- Participation in rotating duties such as bug fixing, release cycles, on-call rotation, etc.
What you bring to the table.
- You write testable and maintainable code to produce quality systems using engineering best practices
- You have strong communication skills and are focused on solving the problem at hand
- You are growth-oriented, and are keen to fill knowledge gaps and learn new skills
- You care about user experience and you have a desire to make impactful change at work
- Relevant post-secondary education, traditional or non-traditional (degree, bootcamp, etc), or equivalent working experience
Bonus points if:
- You’ve worked with ES6, React Native, Redux, Redux Saga, TypeScript, or Functional Programming.
- You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.
- You’re passionate about building the next generation loyalty product to make life more rewarding.
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Team retreats
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.