Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You know how to develop front end products with the help from design. You are a user interface expert, you like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork. You are a problem solver, not a requirement follower.
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Create unit tests using frameworks like mocha or jest
- Identify front-end bottlenecks and optimize the webpage performance to improve the user experience.
- Communication. You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non native english speakers
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Collaboration with Back End. Experience with integrating REST APIs as well as their design so you can also collaborate on its definition together with our backend team
- Experience with best practices for web performance optimization
- Collaboration with Design. Working knowledge of UI/UX practices, as well as understanding the web standards
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You're a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are hungry to learn more
- Leadership. You have mentored others and helped them become the best version of themselves. You are a reference to the group and keep up with their training needs - it is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related field would be cool, but is not mandatory.