Saleswhale is seeking a Junior Frontend Engineer who can work in a fast-paced and challenging remote environment. You will work on a small team and solve tough, real problems for customers from all around the world.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Work with Product Designers and Software Engineers to implement products and features
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for frontend engineering
- Capable of working well in a team
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Pursuing or in possession of a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field (nice to have, but not absolutely required).
Our Tech Stack
- Ember JS
- React JS
How to apply for the position
Engineering at Saleswhale:
At Saleswhale, open communication and transparency is embedded in our DNA. There are no silos. Teams work cross-functionally and we feel it's a key multiplier for effectiveness.
We also enable engineers to drive wider team impact by working on enhancements that impact the entire product & engineering process as well as provide support to the Customer Success team to investigate & fix user-facing issues.
We believe that a diverse, equitable and transparent workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. Saleswhale is a place where everyone gets an equal opportunity to excel, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 35-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and STRIVE.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work.” We believe in Radical Candor
; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor; we appreciate grit and growth mindsets
; and we absolutely do not hire
assholes (yes we actually practice it).