Okera solves one of the biggest challenges facing big data right now - opening up data access for greater innovation while ensuring proper governance and compliance. The Okera Active Data Management Platform unifies and manages access across a multi-cloud, multi-datastore and multi-tool environment. We are trusted by some of the world’s largest enterprises to simplify the complexity of their data management, governance, and operations, giving data owners the confidence to unlock the power of their data.
At Okera, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Okera is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
In this role you will:
- Use front-end technologies like ES6, React, and Redux to build modern, scalable web applications.
- Dive deep and solve challenging problems in both technical and cultural areas of working at a startup.
- Write functional and integration tests to ensure reliability across releases.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams, working with other specialists to break down complex ideas and drive features from start to finish.
- Drive technical investments from the early exploration of ideas to delivering integral parts of our stack, balancing short-term goals with long-term architectural vision.
- Mentor others on your team to help them grow as engineers across many dimensions.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are a mindful, empathetic, and communicative teammate.
- You take pride in the things you build, from visual polish of the user experience to the reliability of services.
- You believe in and thrive in test driven development.
- You have experience with CSS in large-scale web app development.
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people and understanding the problem to be solved as it is about writing code.
- You’re interested in observing existing development patterns, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and designing flexible and maintainable solutions to augment those patterns.
- You are a lifelong learner.
Technologies we use and learn together:
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, vision and stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k plan
- Happy hours
- Weekly free-lunch
- Trips to Okera’s headquarters in San Francisco