Apply for this job
At Density, we build one of the most advanced people sensing systems in the world. The product and infrastructure is nuanced and one-of-a-kind. Building this product for scale has been an exercise in patience, creativity, remarkable engineering, laser physics, global logistics, and grit. The team is thoughtful, driven, and world-class.
Why this is an important role
When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. While the experience is magical to a customer, the process involved in accomplishing it is complex. We are seeking a talented mobile engineer to help build the tools that allow people to setup, manage, and engage with Density on-the-go.
The Density Unit Setup mobile application is a customer's first touch with Density. We want that experience to be magical; it should be the right amount of educational, engaging, and simple to get the Density sensors online and counting. Having a deep understanding of onboarding UX patterns will be critical to the success of our setup process.
Beyond Unit Setup, customers also have Density Analytics at their fingertips with Density Mobile. A highly interactive experience with various charts, alerts, and mapping utilities will ensure a sticky experience that has customers interacting daily. Many of our customers use Density exclusively from their phone, and that experience needs to be lightweight enough to quickly access their data, but feature-rich enough to dive deep.
This role reports to our Director of Software Engineering.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience building mobile applications (iOS / Android / React Native)
- A deep understanding of web frameworks and APIs
- Experience with visualizing analytics
- Experience with communication to and from Bluetooth devicesExperience with relational and non-relational datastores
- Strong background in HTML and CSS
- Experience with frontend build tools (Gulp/Grunt, Bower, Babel, npm, jspm, etc.)
- Experience testing mobile applications using frameworks and tools
- Strong writing skills, with experience crafting clear and concise documentation
Icing on the cake:
- An academic background in Computer Science (BSc or MSc) or equivalent
- A good sense of design
- Data visualization experience