We are looking for Senior Frontend Engineer for our San Francisco-based Financial Solutions and Payments team. You will have the opportunity to help change how the world does business electronically as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
To help us out, you should have experience building robust, maintainable software and a desire to know, help support and form opinions on our existing a new services alike. You know how to get stuff done and think independently about priorities and the bigger picture of what we are doing.
At Tradeshift, we believe in team-based product ownership, development, and quality assurance. We expect engineering involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies, and approaches that help bring Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global and fast-paced startup.
The Financial Solutions and Payments Team:
You will become a member of the fast expanding Financial Solutions and Payments team and be part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone can include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. If you want to work full-stack all-round, that's perfect, if you want to specialize more in one area, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience, and then some.
Our team develops innovative financial technology products across business-to-business payments, banking and lending services for use by Tradeshift’s customers all across the world. We innovate within existing and entirely new Financial Services concepts and also deliver pivotal infrastructure enabling other applications: Our payments services allow businesses all over the world to send and receive money. Our lending solutions allow trading entities real-time access to affordable capital. We enable global commerce by removing every bit of complexity within cross-border transactions and trade finance. Come and join us! We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share in our excitement for building innovative financial technology.
What you will be doing:
- Being a key member of the team taking a product from concept to release and assuming responsibility for the success of the product and the professional growth of your team
- Build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI and features, and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Engage in discussions about and contribute solutions towards making both incremental and drastic changes in our frontend framework
- Writing high-quality, unit-tested, peer-reviewed code
- Brainstorming and whiteboarding technical and product architecture options with your team
- Identifying and implementing solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Must have at least 4+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Angular and React
- Understand the tradeoffs between shipping code soon and finding a perfect solution
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Able to evaluate the long-term value and quality of new trends and technologies
- Communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Track record of building side projects or open source software in your own time is a plus
Benefits, Culture & Perks
At the center of Tradeshift’s values is the belief that the most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive and be their whole self. We aim to build talent from all different backgrounds and lifestyles. In addition to this, we provide the following:
• Competitive compensation + equity? package?
• 100% employee covered medical, dental, and vision benefits?
• Flexible hours and vacation policy?
• Supplemented cell phone plan?
• Daily lunches from local SF eateries and snacks??
• Fully paid 6 months maternity leave and 2 months fully paid paternity/partner leave?
• 401(k) plan ?
• Wellness and Volunteer Programs?
• Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more