Udemy engineering team works closely with other engineering teams, as well as our product management and design team peers, to develop the core experience for learners on our platform, helping them find the right course and engage directly with course content. We are looking for a principal frontend engineer to join us in building what comes next.
Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with other engineering, product management, and design, teams to define initiatives and features
- Provide technical leadership to the team by providing feedback on architecture, design, code as well as helping make technical choices
- Developing, testing, documenting, and releasing end-to-end features for Udemy's web application that supports over 50 million students worldwide and 150,000 courses
- Planning, organizing, and getting work done in 2-week sprints
- Participating in code reviews as well as post-deployment site monitoring
- Mentoring team members in software development best practices and processes
- Leading by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation
- Researching and evaluating new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
- At times, functioning as a technical lead for various projects/tasks. This may involve some project, resource, and deployment planning in additional to software engineering responsibilities
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of modern JS libraries/frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, JQuery, etc.) as well as MobX and Webpack
- Build responsive web/mobile design, handle page navigation and turn mock-ups into web pages quickly and according to spec
- Experience building Frontend Applications using web services/RESTful API's, and event driven real-time systems
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Participate fully in code reviews and work with internal designers, developers and QA to ensure quality code.
- Knowledge of testing methods, including front-end unit and integration tests
- The ability to learn, work with, and migrate, existing code bases.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News