Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
One of the most important products we need to build this year is a mission-critical platform for text and voice based communication for public safety. Quality, availability, and performance will be extremely crucial for the success of our messaging platform. As one of the early engineering hires on the team, you will be intimately involved in the design and architecture of our browser-based app. You live and breathe building amazing UX experiences that delight customers. You love working with the latest open source technologies, and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a greenfield project.
Your Day to Day
- Work with other engineers on your team to build the next-gen messaging platform for public safety
- Leverage your strong distributed design skills to drive architecture design meetings
- Utilize your passion for quality to ensure we have the right level of testing, instrumentation, and metrics for the services you build
- Expand your leadership skills by mentoring other engineers on the team
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- Excellence in English skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- Experience working in React and Redux
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.