Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring
passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
Looking for something more than building a website or changing a button from blue to red? Are you craving the challenge of building complex systems? Really smart systems where performance and speed is essential without sacrificing the working environment? ie you don't want to be flogged by a bank and you'd like the time to build real quality without cutting the corners
Solutions to difficult problems aren't fluffy which is why this isn't a development role - it's engineering.
. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js
workflows (such as MobX, Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
· Developing new user-facing features using React.js
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
· Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
· Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
· Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
· Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as MobX, Flux or Redux)
· Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
· Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· A knack for benchmarking and optimization
· Familiarity with development pipeline and release management tools
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.