We are currently searching for a Front-end (React.js) Engineer,
passionate about vision and mission of our product and able to work with the user-facing part of our application in Payments. The Payments Squad handles all payments flow including processing payments, making payouts, recurrent payments, refunds, and fraud detection. It is a challenging but also rewarding part of the business as even small improvements can lead to measurable shifts in business metrics.
We are looking for a methodical and detail-focused engineer as this is a place where we need to carefully consider race conditions, transactions, and edge cases. We are ready to refactor and rewrite some legacy logic if needed. Our front-end developers work on all parts of our system and you will be responsible for implementing new flows and optimizing existing ones. You’ll be building user-facing features and A/B testable experiments using React and Typescript. At Preply we have a culture of continuous experimentation where we are always focused on improving the user experience and user outcomes. We are a fast-growing organization with diverse technical challenges that will allow you to develop your skills across the product stack.
Your expected outcomes:
Our tech stack:
- Constantly add value to the experience of our customers by writing readable, testable and efficient code.
- Dedicate time to deeply understand our users' challenges, and collaborate with the team to find solutions.
- Make our best practices even better (continuous integration, automated testing, code reviews)
- Develop new killer features, Improve existing UI/UX
- Collaborate with backend developers on designing and connecting to our GraphQL API.
React v16, NextJS, Puppeteer, Apollo GraphQL client, CSS Modules, Storybook, TypeScript, Webpack, Docker, AWS.
Your competency profile:
- Exceptional communication skills.
- At least 2 years of experience in commercial software development.
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, Webpack, and related web technologies.
- High level of self-organization, ownership, responsibility.
- Any of GraphQL, WebSockets, Python, AWS experience is an additional strength.
- Nice to have is working knowledge of NextJS or similar SSR framework
- Min B2 English level
Preply is a fast-growing product company at an early stage of development, backed by Europe’s most prominent investors. 160 people are currently working on building a global human-to-human online tutoring marketplace with locations in Barcelona and Kyiv.
We have more than 15 nationalities on board, that work in small cross-functional teams to continuously improve and scale user experience. We offer remote
working days and the possibility to use our platform for self-development. We challenge each other to learn more and faster while promoting creative power and free will. Personal growth, a friendly and hierarchy-free atmosphere are guaranteed!