Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money internationally. We’ve taken something complicated and made it as simple as sending a text. And we’re growing. Fast.
To do this, we need to hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions.
The WorldRemit Office in Kraków is currently growing and we are looking for an enthusiastic Front-End Developer to join our Engineering Team to work on creating the UI for our interesting projects.
We are constantly adding new features to our existing applications and creating a brand new applications as well. For example for our customer service team we build an application that will replace our legacy system that allows our customer services to manage transactions. It will involve developing a highly usable UI with React and node which will consume our internal REST API in order to search and display transaction information.
You will be part of a feature team and work closely with our internal UX/design team to translate their designs into reality. You will also be working very closely with backend engineers, from your and other teams, who are developing the APIs and services that pull the information to be used in the applications.
Who we’re searching for...
As an Front-End Engineer you will:
- constantly evolve techniques through learning
- take initiative when you see an opportunity for improvement
- ask questions and use experience of those around you
- share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- write code so clean, fast and elegant, you fight the urge to hang it on your mantle
- advocate and practice TDD /BDD
You will have high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
Have you got what it takes?
We are looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm and different ideas to the table.
- Strong experience with React/Redux/Node
- Expertise with styling and responsive design techniques
- Server-side rendering
- Experience with progressive enhancement and graceful degradation development
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance and scalability as key focus
- Experience with automated JS testing using Karma, Jasmine, Qunit, Mocha, Chai
- Experience integrating with micro-services to produce dynamic pages
- Proficient understanding of REST API’s
- Strong experience with versioning systems such Git / SVN
- Strong understanding of TDD, XP and Agile practices
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery and tools (Teamcity / OctopusDeploy / Jenkins)
- Proficient with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Solid understanding of OOD / OOP
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure / AWS
(If you do not possess experience of these technologies within a commercial environment, it’s essential that you will have trialed and played around with these in your own time i.e. personal projects, Github).
What does a typical week look like?
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas
- Optimize application for maximum speed
- Ensuring browser and platform compatibility
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with writing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with distributed micro-service design principles
- Experience with various tech stacks such as .NET / Java
- Experience with relational databases SQL / PostgreSQL / MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, MongoDB
- Experience with HATEOS
- An excellent track record of evolving software to be better continuously
- Experience of running code katas and improvement sessions for the team
- Have Open Source projects or other public code contributions that showcase your talent
Other Personal Traits:
- Lead by example, by innovating greenfield development as well as evolving existing solutions
- Mentor less-experienced developers
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
We want to talk to you if you can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers