As a Front End Software Engineer, you will help build solutions to empower the Techstars network of founders, investors, mentors and community organizers to come together. You will build frontend components in React that interact with backend APIs, work with open source frameworks and tools, and work with modern design patterns. In doing all this, you will help shape the technical platforms and applications that serve thousands of entrepreneurs worldwide.
What you will do
- Be part of an agile scrum team
- Design and implement interfaces for websites and applications
- Research and establish solution design patterns
- Support software solutions in production and be part of an on call rotation
- Maintain branding and design across different platforms
What you bring
- 3+ years experience creating product designs for mobile and web
- 2+ years creating applications in React, Vue, Angular or similar JS framework
- Experience with modern UI / UX and responsive design
- Ability to implement interactive components with a RESTful API, Contentful experience a plus
- Competency with Sketch or Figma
- Advanced competency with HTML / CSS, preference for experience with SCSS, LESS, or CSS in JS
- Experience with JS testing frameworks like Jest, Mocha or Jasmine a plus
- Ability to drive product design and development with a broad team, including dealing with feedback to iterate concepts and better workflows
- A passion for talking about flex grids, user flow, responsive display and other design concepts
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- A high level of attention to detail and organization
- Ability to implement product designs with a broad team, including dealing with feedback to iterate concepts and improve end user experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.