We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
You will be working with the Experience & Design Governance tribe. We support all product tribes, helping coordinate front end build, design, research and content.
We ensure consistency and quality of design and code in two ways - by having a Design System that is a repository of our front end components and ensuring design and code governance. In addition to this, we focus on the future of Babylon Health.
We are creating new products using a modern tech stack, and working in tandem with the broader Experience Design community to create a vision for the future of our digital experiences.
- Experience building scalable and maintainable component libraries
- Understanding of good Design practices and capability to suggest design improvements
- Experience building and using design systems
- Experience delivering front-end software that is accessibility compliant (WCAG 2.1 AA) - Knowledge of accessibility and assistive technology such as screen readers, keyboard navigation etc.
- Research, conceive and develop web applications to extend and improve Babylon Health’s product offering.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make Babylon Health better for our users.
- Work closely with Content Designer, Product Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers and Back-End engineers to implement an awesome user experience.
- Find and address performance issuesParticipate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- React Native
- Apollo Client & Server
- Using ES6/7 features throughout the app so knowledge on those is a plus.
- Functional programming principles