WHO WE ARE:
Tealium is the trusted leader in the customer data industry. We believe unified customer data is an organization’s most valuable asset and greatest competitive advantage. We help brands seamlessly unify their siloed customer data and applications in real time, and drive more profitable interactions across all touchpoints. Tealium’s Customer Data Hub (CDH) enables you to connect your data so you can connect with your customers.
Founded in 2008, Tealium’s patented and award-winning solutions are used by over 1,000 of the world's most innovative brands, including Sony, Providence St. Joseph Health, Cambria Health, T-Mobile, Hulu, Uber, Facebook, Expedia, Hyatt, Barcelo Hotel Group, Sportsbet, Utah Jazz, American Airlines, The Gap, Orange, and many others.
This senior level front-end engineer will be responsible for the primary browser-based development for customer facing features within vertical features of the application.
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter that can communicate clearly. You’ll be working with a product-focused scrum team to deliver features and coordinating with a team of co-workers to deliver top-tier software.
You’ll be working with a cross-discipline team responsible for delivering features on time and with a regular cadence. Each team is embedded with product, design, specialized engineering and QA. The team is expected to drive all implementation for features in their domain, while adhering to departmental and specialty standards.
Tealium believes in building the right things in the right way. We have a focus on documentation, breaking down silos and continuous improvement. As a team, we’re always reflecting and refining our approaches to keep up with industry trends.
Code is a communication tool for humans, not computers. The computer can interpret what is written, but true engineering happens in our collaboration with others on our teams. As a future member of our engineering team, you’ll be expected to focus on maintainable and scalable solutions. Documentation, continuous delivery and consistent results are key to our success.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Build and maintain web applications utilizing internal APIs.
- Write and maintain unit and integration testing.
- Investigate and fix bugs for customer facing applications.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and product owners to scope and complete all tasks.
- Building out functionality for customer facing features.
- Participate in code reviews and quality control activities.
- Mentor junior developers and help them develop their engineering skill.
- Maintain documentation, standards and development tools.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT
- You have strong knowledge of CSS and CSS-in-JS methods.
- You are prepared to mentor and onboard junior members of the team.
- You have experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- You have experience in NPM, node, grunt and other similar build tools.
- You have clear and concise communication skills.
- Knowledge of D3.js
- Java experience.
- AWS ecosystem.
- Experience in testing frameworks like React Testing Library, Jest, and Cypress.
- Experience building SaaS applications.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium and our Customer Data Hub (CDH) makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity. Organizations from start-ups to large global enterprises are utilizing Tealium to unify their customer data in real time and drive improvements in their overall data strategy. Over 1,000 global brands trust Tealium, and in an increasingly noisy market we are proud to maintain best-in-class renewal rates of >90%. When our customers are happy, we’re happy.
Our corporate HQ is located in sunny San Diego, just minutes from the beach and surrounded by beautiful hiking trails and the renowned Torrey Pines golf course. Our location is just one of the many perks we enjoy; At Tealium we dress casually (but professional), enjoy a flexible paid time off policy, rich benefit plans, company holidays, 401(K) match, and employee Stock Options - just to name a few. Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with some of the brightest minds in San Diego. If you are interested in being a part of Team Teal, we’d love to hear from you!
TEAL celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. It is our continuing policy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. TEAL does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.